Fall in New York. Could there be anything better? Summer tourists are gone, along with the heat and humidity. There's a crisp in the air that makes you want to ride your bike to work, gallery hop on the weekends and enjoy that last handful of meals outside before it gets too cold to do so.
The Fall season is also a favorite of ours at YOYA. The shelves begin to fill up with everything from plush velvet to cozy wool, fresh denim and fun jackets for the cooler seasons. I've rounded up some Fall favorites below, including my wardrobe essentials, beauty hacks and the restaurants I'm loving right now.
1. Bonberi Bodega 384 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10014 We have a new neighbor here at YOYA! Just down Bleecker Street is the newly opened Bonberi Bodega, a plant based bodega filled with salads, juices, yummy bites and more. We popped in for a Chickpea Tuna Niçoise Salad and left with some clean beauty goodies and a few sticks of Palo Santo, our favorite essence. Welcome, Bonberi!
Butcher's Daughter is another neighborhood favorite of mine. It's right next to YOYA, which makes it perfect for a quick kale salad. I love Buvette for lunch outdoors in their back garden. The chicken salad is amazing! And for dinner it's always Via Carota, especially if you can snag a table on the sidewalk. I order the fish and my kids do the meatballs. Yum!
2. Fall Wardrobe Essentials Fall is my favorite season to dress for. I love when the temps cool down, and I can bring back my Fall uniform - a blazer with fresh jeans and sneakers, or a light knit sweater with a skirt and knee high boots. Right now I'm really loving sweaters from Apiece Apart and denim from MOUSSY. I try to swing by The Apartment by The Line at least once a week for inspiration. Other favorite designers in my Fall rotation are Nili Lotan, Ulla Johnson, Khaite, Vivien Ramsay and sneakers from Golden Goose.
3. Mr. C Seaport 33 Peck Slip, New York, NY 10038 I live in the Seaport District and have been so amazed by how the area has changed these past few years. Our newest neighbor is Mr. C Seaport, a luxury hotel by the Cipriani family. My husband and I love to sit at the Bellini Bar for my usual, a dirty Tito's martini with extra olives. They make one of the best in town, and we couldn't be happier to have Mr. C join the neighborhood.
I absolutely love buying for the Fall Season. Seeing the warm colors, cozy sweaters and fun jackets start to fill up our shelves - it's just the best! This season I'm really excited for the new collection from 1+ in The Family, fluffy jackets from Louise Misha, wool sweaters from Morley and cool puffers from Finger in The Nose that make you eager for the chilly months ahead.
5. Cool Weather Beauty Hacks As soon as the weather cools down, I start to load up on Coconut Oil. It's amazing on your face, body, cuticles, in your hair - so hydrating! Another favorite of mine is StriVectin. People tend to associate it with stretch marks, but a friend actually told me it does wonder for anti-aging. I lather it on my face throughout the colder seasons when I need the extra moisture. Otherwise I hit up ONDA Beauty and CAP Beauty (right around the corner from YOYA) for all my clean beauty essentials.
6. Le Mercerie 53 Howard St, New York, NY 10013 This French cafe has quickly become a favorite of mine, partially for it's location. It's tucked inside Roman and Williams Guild in Soho, an amazing furniture and interiors retailer. I love to end lunch with some decor shopping, or even just browse their selection for endless inspiration. I go in for the latte and will leave with a vase, and I wouldn't have it any other way!
3. Pier 17 New York 89 South Street, New York, NY 10038 I spent a lot of time this summer at Pier 17, including a rooftop concert by Kings of Leon (so amazing!). The pier gets even better through the Fall, whether that means enjoying the last days outdoors at the River Lounge bar, hanging in the lounge chairs that overlook the East River, or catching one more concert on the roof. The newest addition to the pier this season will be Malibu Farm, which I can't wait for!
For more of Cristina's favorites, follow along at @yoya_nyc